Wednesday, August 27, 2008

What are people thinking?

My rental house is going vacant. I have advertisements up for renters. My phone is ringing off the hook during the day which is great! It's always good to get lots of calls. I often have to show the house to at least 75 people before I find a good renter. Usually, half of people that call or email say they are going to come see it and half of those people actually show up. So it takes a lot of talking on the phone and emailing to actually find someone that I want to live in my rental.

Last night at 4:25 AM my phone rang. Startled out of my sleep, I managed to reach for the phone and answer it. A man asked if it was me and when I confirmed, he stated that he called because he was interested in the rental? Seriously? I asked him if he realized it was 4:30 AM? He said yes but he works graveyards? I responded that just because he is awake it doesn't mean that I am. He offered to call back and I told him after 7 AM would be fine. He never called back this morning and I don't blame him at all. I wouldn't have rented to someone who called me at 4:30 AM anyway!!!

I just don't understand how people really think that it's okay to call someone you don't know in the middle of the night to ask about a rental property? My brain started racing and of course I never really got back to my restful sleep. I got up dragging my feet this morning after hitting the snooze button for an hour.

I wish the guy's number had shown up on the caller ID. I'm inclined to call him this afternoon and ask him about renting. Just to wake him up out of spite. Unfortunately, his number was blocked on the caller ID! If he does call back, he'll likely hear an earful from me!!

7 comments:

Georgeous said...

He has no hope of renting from anyone with those manners.
Love George

Tatum Tot said...

Yikes that is way too fetchin' early even for me and I'm an early riser!

Anonymous said...

That is crazy... he must be mental to lack that much common sense. What a jerk!

Unknown said...

Oh man that blows! I would have given him an earful right then and there.

I hope you get a good night sleep tonight. And he has the good sense not to call back again.

R3K9S said...

what a tool!

Tammy said...

I can't believe someone would be so stupid to call in the middle of the night! I guess there are all kinds of people out there.

Chris said...

what a total jerk! I hope you get the place rented, and too nice people!