Friday, August 15, 2008

Happy Gotcha Day!


I almost spaced Miss Marley's gotcha day! I'm so self involved this week and had planned on giving her a celebration of sorts. Maybe just some extra play time and a super yummy dinner or something. Between work, my plumbing, and a wedding yesterday, I didn't get around to it.
We will celebrate tonight though! Miss Marley was Dylan's first birthday gift. Turns out she was a gift for me too. I remember feeling like I would never be able to love her as much as I loved and bonded with Dylan. Boy was I wrong!! She's my baby girl and I love her so very much. So girly, in a dirty dog kind of way and I love her little prance around like she owns the world! She's always there for me when I am down and is the first to lick away my tears.
I'm so grateful to have this little princess in my life. Her medical issues have taught me a lot of patience and understanding. I'm happy to be able to share her with others when she works as a therapy dog! I can't stand traveling without her despite the fact that she is unable to compete in any dog sports! I just miss this little one too much if I leave her home!
I hope this little girl has a happy day today! We will have to celebrate tonight since I was too busy yesterday! She's spending the day with Paul and is up hiking at Millcreek right now. I wish I could be there with her but I need to work to pay her bills! LOL At least she's out having a good time!!

3 comments:

R3K9S said...

Happy Gotcha day Miss Marley. What a wonderful gift you are to ALL of us.
Hugs and licks,
J,Z,M and Ann

Unknown said...

Happy Miss Marley gotcha day! That's fun ... I wish I could remember exact days like that. I just remember the month. Maybe I should make a day up :) Hope you have fun celebrating.

Unknown said...

Happy Gotcha day!! Today is Brutus and Rufus's gotcha day!