Friday, August 1, 2008

Poor dog with a limp!


It's Dylan this time not Marley! That's actually pretty unusual. Marley is a constant limper.

I came home from work and Dylan is limping all over the place. He won't put any weight on his front right paw. I am not sure what happened but I am guessing he twisted it or something when he was jumping off the bed. When I first got home he was licking and licking and licking. It's not his pad and the foot looks okay to me. He does have Monster long nails but other than that things look okay.
I put him up on the bed and laid down with him a bit. Now he's lounging comfortable in a king size bed he has all to himself. I'm hoping he will stay there and lay still most the evening to give that paw a rest. If it's not better by morning, we will see about getting into a vet's office. My regular vet is open Saturday mornings but I usually have to schedule with them a few days in advance. The vet that did Marley's surgeries is open tomorrow and Sunday and they take walk ins for a few extra dollars. I could possibly get an appointment tomorrow or Sunday as well.
I gave him some Arnica. My holistic vet (yes I have lots of vets!) gave it to me after Marley's surgeries. She said I should have given it to Marley right after the dog fight (even before rushing to the vet). Live and learn I guess. It's supposed to be good for muscle and soft tissue injuries. Hopefully, Dylan will benefit and be bouncing off the walls very soon. I'm thinking he will have to stay home from Flyball regardless. I don't know what's wrong and even if he starts walking around like normal, I wouldn't be positive that everything is all better. It's probably best to give him some time to heal before making him jump on that flyball box. I'm bummed because we haven't had practice in a few weeks and I was getting really excited to go out and play! It's more important to make sure that he doesn't cause further injury to whatever it is that he's done to himself.
It seems my dogs are accident prone. I will never understand the people who don't even make to the vet once a year. I've been in every month this year except January. I have multiple vets who now know me and my dogs by name and I spend more money on veterinary care than I do on anything else.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Poor Poor Baby!!!!! He looks so sorry for himself. I hope his paw is feeling better tomorrow.

myspoileddogs said...

hahah. He always gives me that poor pathetic me look. I think it's darling even though he really just wants me to go out and play already!

R3K9S said...

I hope he is ok today...
Aunt Ann will be calling to check on him.