Friday, August 15, 2008

That Cute Curly Haired Kid!


I try to keep this blog to mostly dog stuff so I don't write much about my family. I'm pretty close with my parents and I can't help but adore my curly haired nephew, Ammon.
I took this pic on my new phone last night. We were at a family wedding and Ammon was making faces at me! He's a funny kid with lots of personality. He and my sister live with my parents so I see him pretty frequently when I go out there to visit.
Those big blue eyes and curly blond hair are so dang cute! I can't believe how much having a little one around has changed the dynamics in my family. It seems all my four sisters and mother adore him and my Dad finally got a boy to play with (he had five daughters and no sons of his own)! He loves his Grandpa so very much and his uncle is one of his favorite playmates!
I'm the special visitor with the big dogs that he will hopefully learn to love! Right now, they are still a bit intimidating. Dylan is also a bit intimidated being around a toddler but we monitor them closely and I think it's good exposure for him to get some pets and attention from Ammon on occasion. I have to be very careful that Dylan doesn't get cornered or approached in a way he deems threatening though. He's never bit a human but I don't dare take any chances! Marley's a precious girl for him just as she is with everyone else. She loves cleaning up after he eats since there is always lots of yummy food on the floor! She also likes to lick his face since there may be leftover food there too! I try to be careful to watch her as well. Ammon isn't pulling hair like he did when he was young but he's attempted to tug on an ear or a tail on occasion! Kids just need to be monitored around dogs!!

2 comments:

R3K9S said...

I just love his blond curls! What a cutie!

Unknown said...

He is such a cutie! He is growing up so fast too.