Friday, August 15, 2008

Bad News about Nietzsche

I finally got some news about Nietzsche. Unfortunately, it's not good news.

An MRI, CT Scan, and other tests have shown that Nietzsche's spine is completely messed up. It's likely cancer since they don't know what else caused it. As is, he is unable to stand and will likely have to be put down tomorrow. There isn't much that they think they can do for him at this time.

I'm very sad for our friends. Nietzsche was one of the first few dogs I bonded with before Dylan came along and changed my life. I remember days of him running in the desert on several wonderful camping trips! I remember Dylan tormenting him as a puppy, and wishing so badly that my wild puppy would behave more like Nietzsche who was almost always calm and collected.

I know he will be missed greatly and my friend has grown so close with him over the past twelve years that his sudden illness is difficult to understand and accept. Nietzsche has been a wonderful friend and companion for him and will live in all our hearts for years to come.

I'll be waiting on more news tomorrow and still hoping for a miracle!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That makes me sad.... Poor guy.

I hope he makes the transition to the bridge peacefully if that is what needs to happen.

R3K9S said...

Poor pup! I feel so bad for his family. Please keep us updated
Paws crossed for a miracle. Hugs to all

myspoileddogs said...

Thanks! It is so hard that they are so far away. I can't even give my friend the hug he probably needs and deserves right now. I don't get to say goodbye to my dear friend.

Still waiting on news this morning.