Friday, August 22, 2008

Pain in the neck part 2~

I went to the chiropractor yesterday after sitting at work for an hour. Things with my stupid neck got worse and worse as time went by. The chiropractor didn't help much either. He did adjust my neck and tried to do a bit of massage but I couldn't tolerate it.

I went home and lied down on my couch and stayed as still as possible. Luckily, I was able to get into my doctor yesterday. He shot me full of drugs and gave me some muscle relaxers and pain pills. At least that stopped the excruciating pain of the spasms. I can move again but still have a very stiff and sore neck. I feel like I am sitting with my head tilted but I am not really sure.

A short day at work today and I am so glad. A full day of work would probably have been more than I could tolerate. We took Marley in to the homeopathic vet today who also recommended some remedies for my neck problem. I'm using those now to see if they can help as well.

I have some coupons for free massages at the massage school. I intend to use one this weekend to see if I can loosen up that neck some more. My entire left side is so tight I don't have my full range of motion there.

My dogs are lucky to have Paul to play with them the last few days. I've not been the most entertaining person for them to be around. Hopefully things will get better the next few days and I can go out to play again soon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooohhh ouch! I hope you get to feeling better soon. It sounds aweful.

Melissa said...

Jeff gets those awful pains in the back and neck too. So miserable when you are trying to work, etc.

Georgeous said...

Get off the computer and relax!!
Get well soon
Love n Lickies
George

Unknown said...

Oh goodness.. I hope you feel better soon. Neck and back pain is just the worst!