Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Delta Blue...

It's been two years this week since Delta Blue passed away. I've been thinking of him this week and wanted to post this picture because it always makes me smile. He was such a happy little lab mutt!

He was my roommate's dog and I lived with him for about a year. He regularly slept in my bed and was definitely loved like one of my own. His owner didn't do the things for him that I felt he deserved but he didn't care one bit! He was always happy as could be and I loved him for it. I tried to make life easier for him whenever I got the chance.

Shortly after we moved out; Delta was with a pet sitter who left him out in the yard. Somehow he and another dog got out. The other dog stayed on the property but Delta went wandering. I found him a few days later on the DOA list at the shelter. He had been hit by a car and was hopefully killed instantly. The pet sitter hadn't wanted to admit that the dog was lost so she waited three days to call my roomie who was out of town at a funeral.

Delta's death was tragic for me and the first time I ever grieved the loss of a pet. He was not even two yet and I was so devastated to see his young life ended.

This pic is of him and Dylan when they first met. He was just an 8 week old pup. Dylan was much nicer with other dogs back then. I just adore his cute little face! Marley and he were instant buddies. I'm sure she will be happy to see him again when she joins him at the bridge. We're hoping that won't be for several years yet though!!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

How tragic for something like that to happen. Sending you heart felt warm wishes today. May his memory live on and on.

Unknown said...

I can't believe it's been 2years! Wow ... hope you are doing okay this week.

R3K9S said...

RIP Delta
I know how much you were loved.

Tatum Tot said...

That is so sad poor Delta Blue. That's a cool name, too. Us dogs have to be watched over careful!

Melissa said...

The circle of life sure is short for some of these poor dogs and cats. It's sad because people really do get so attached.

Tammy said...

What nice pictures. But what a sad story.

Chris said...

oh you are making me cry! Dogs (and cats,etc) are family! we have to look out for them at ALL times. Thanks for posting the story :) XO

Anonymous said...

hes beautiful, im so sorry