Friday, August 15, 2008

Lamb Chops! Yum!

I'm not a fan of lamb chops but my dogs are!! They had a special Birthday and Gotcha day dinner! Leon got some too since he is here for the night.

I love raw feeding almost as much as my dogs love it. I know it's so healthy for my dogs and they do great on it! It's not often they get Raw Organic Lamb Chops but today is a special day and deserving of a special treat! Plus they were on sale (but still pretty dang expensive!)

Marley actually chews her food like a lady when she eats Raw! Well maybe not so ladylike but at least she doesn't inhale it as if she were a vacuum. When she eats kibble her entire meal is gone in about 3 seconds. She still gets a good high quality kibble for her breakfast meal. I try to do raw most nights but it works out nicely to have kibble on hand in case I forget to defrost some raw food for dinner!


Dylan already thinks he is king of the world! You should see his proud face when he tears into the raw flesh of an animal! I really like feeding whole chickens because Dylan seems to get such satisfaction out of tearing the meat off the bone! We are off Chicken for summer but when winter comes, I am sure there will be plenty of whole chickens around this place!

Leon is our special guest tonight since his Daddy is working graveyards. We have been enjoying having him over sometimes to stay the night. He sleeps by my bed and keeps me safe. :) He wasn't quite sure what to think of lamb chops. He's a lot pickier than my two food hogs! He's also a bit newer to raw feeding but once he started chomping he didn't stop until he was finished!

All in all, it was a successful raw fed meal. Glad to know all the dogs like their lamb chops. I also got them some pork back rib bones. I think I will save them for another day!!

No comments: