Friday, August 8, 2008

I splurged!


I finally got a new phone!! I ended up with a samsung blackjack. It wasn't at all what I was looking for but the sales guy talked me into it. The number pad locks automatically (supposedly but I haven't seen it do that yet).
It's a nice little Smart phone. A BlackJack II by Samsung. I also have access to my email, internet, and a semi decent camera. I have enough memory to store a bunch of pictures and a data cable to transfer them to my computer when I need to.
I finally joined the world of Blue Tooth too! It's about damn time! I talk way too much while driving so I really should be on a headset!
It's been kind of a pain though. I signed a new contract but I guess it will be worth it. They didn't have the right color in stock so I had to go to two different stores. There's some issue with my Internet access that are still unresolved and last night the guy was trying to fix it and accidentally deleted my entire address book. OMG!!! That's at least 200 phone numbers! I was panicking but he got them on my old SIM card. So for now, I can't tell who is calling and I have to look up phone numbers in my old phone and dial manually. Remember the days of memorizing numbers or writing them all down? Now I think it's a huge pain in the butt! They should be able to do an automatic download but now I have to go to a third AT&T store after work today! That's a lot of driving. I think they should have given me the blue tooth for free. I might bring it up with the guy that sold me the phone today!!!

5 comments:

Happy Healthy Pup said...

YAY!!
Thats the exact phone I have - I LOVE it!! How fun!! Hope you can get all your numbers back on your phone.. I would die without my phone numbers! :)

R3K9S said...

I am so excited for you. I am so glad you splurged on yourself. You deserve to!

Unknown said...

It's always good to spoil ourselves sometimes. I need a new phone too, maybe I should spoil myself :) Let me know how you like the one you got.

Unknown said...

Awesome phone!!!! I think there is a service you can upload your numbers to so that they will send them from your other phone to the new phone. check in the features part on att's site.

myspoileddogs said...

I called the guy who sold me the phone and he said he should be able to transfer the number. His store is located right by my work so I can swing by there right after I get off work today.