Saturday, August 2, 2008

Not sure what to do with a rawhide?

I'm sad to admit that Dylan and Marley can't seem to figure out what a rawhide is for. I haven't given them any in years because I hate not knowing if they are full of chemicals or what. I finally found some by Merrick a few weeks ago and bought my dogs each a few treats. I trust Merrick isn't adding a bunch of unnecessary chemicals to their treats.

I opened each dog a rawhide roll this morning. They have shown no interest in them whatsoever. This is highly unusual for my dogs who usually think all food items are the greatest thing ever! I think they don't realize that the rawhides can be chewed on? Wonder what they will do with the Merrick brand pigs ears when I get them out?

My dogs are not deprived of chewing. They get raw bones and raw meat pretty regularly. I also occasionally give them Merrick Bully sticks. They just haven't had rawhide in quite a while. I think they must be really confused about what to do with it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I wont give my lot rawhides of any kind. They are not intended to be eaten, only chewed... try making sure no pieces get broken off and swallowed. They can cause blockages of the esophogus, tummy and intestines. Its not worth it for my lot as they WILL swallow it. I'd rather give a raw bone.

Just my 2 cents and with the cost of gas it comes out to about a haypenny.