Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Taking it off together Tuesday!!

This is my fifth week with the group. I haven't had a soda in over 4 weeks now. And I have lost now 21.2 lbs.

I did get a new scale this week so the 7.2 lbs lost may actually be 5 or 6. Since scales do vary a bit from one to the next. This new scale will be mine to weigh in on each week though so it should be consistent going forward. I really hated walking to the gym here each week to weigh in. Especially since I haven't actually been using the gym to actually exercise.

I didn't eat great last week but I think I'm just paying more attention to calories and cutting out soda has helped me a lot. I want to eat lots better this week. It will hopefully be a bit easier since I will be at my house instead of Paul's. I moved half of my refrigerator contents over there when I went to dog sit but I still haven't eaten as well as I do at my own house. A lot of that was just because I was so busy and getting home so late in the evening though.

I did get out walking several times in the past week. I am feeling better and a bit more energetic already. Hopefully that will just get better and better. I only wish that there was some way to heal my lungs. I know they can be stronger but they will never be as good as most people's. Having asthma is a challenge I've dealt with for 20 years though so I should be used to it already.

Here are the reports for this week.

Chris - no report
Tammy - 1 LOSS
Life With Hashi-Thyroid Blog - no report
Grace - 1.4 LOSS
Leigh - 5.5 LOSS
Clara - 2 LOSS
Dette - 1 GAIN
Julie - 0 CHANGE
Cheryl - 4 LOSS
Cyn Blue - no report
Audrey - 0.6 LOSS
Christy - 7.2 LOSS
Tina - 0.5 GAIN

Please welcome Danielle to the group with her starting result of 0 Change!

This week's total - 20.2 LOSS!

I need to keep watching calories and trying to eat healthier. Funny thing is, I really like fresh and healthy food better than greasy crap food. It's just that it's a lot more work to prepare something healthy and I am lazy and a crappy cook. This week I cooked some chicken breasts until they were black as charcoal. Yesterday I way undercooked steamed carrots but I ate them for dinner last night and will have them for lunch again today. I so LOVE healthy food that is well prepared. I wish I was capable of making it myself but it seems I always screw something up.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

We are so much alike! The only reason I am eating semi good dinners is because Justin cooks for us. Lucky for me!! I wasn't even cooking the other day & melted the formula lid to the burner. Anyway ... I am proud of you once again! You are doing SO good. No gains yet for you! That's great!!

Anonymous said...

You are doing so great!

Pam said...

wow, 7 pounds is awesome! that whole soda thing i'm sure helped. unfortunately, i have not been able to 'give up' my soda, but at least i'm not drinking 3 or 4 cans a day anymore either LOL i drink 0-1 cans a day. i've been drinking lots more water. i hate water, but if it's icy cold, i could drink lots of it! LOL

keep up the great work! :)

Tammy said...

Wow great job! I do find that if I keep a normal schedule I do a lot better. So being back home for you will be good. Keep up the great work.

Georgeous said...

If only we could employ cooks for our Mummy's who would rather do doggy stuff than prepare meals!
Love george

Happy Healthy Pup said...

Wow Christy - I am way proud of you! I know it must be tough giving up soda and loosing over twenty pounds so far rocks!!
Why don't you kick my butt into action now? LOL

teachfine said...

That is fantastic! It's amazing how great losing weight feels! Keep up the great work.

Anonymous said...

Go Christy! Thats awesome :) If you ever want to walk Liberty Park with me give me a call! We need to hang out anyways!

myspoileddogs said...

Thanks!!

Liz, I will walk anytime!! Just let me know when you are going!! I love liberty!

Clara said...

Great loss this week! You rock! I know how you feel about cooking. I'm a little better than mediocre but not much! I've often wanted to take cooking classes. But some of the ways pros cook are not for me. I don't use wine in cooking - allergic - and I'm not crazy about mushrooms. That leaves out at least half of all the dishes they cook. And on top of that, I can't eat chicken more than once a month or the fibromyalgia symptoms return.

Enough about me. This is supposed to be about YOU! Because you're such a loser, I've tagged you as a winner! Come on by and check out your award!