Sunday, September 7, 2008

The tire saga continues....

I went to swap out my tires with the ones my parents had. When I called a couple weeks back they told me it would work just fine but might look a bit funny. On my old car, I really don't care much anymore what it looks like. It's been hit in the parking lot at least 5 times. It's got a bunch of dents and dings.

The tire salesman yesterday gave me an earful about how the car was going to be all messed up if we put the smaller tires on my car. It would mess up suspension, mileage, and make for a really bumpy ride. Blah Blah blah I wasn't sure if he was just trying to sell me tires or if he was being truthful. So I went to a second tire store. My dad said it was better to get my second opinion from an independently owned shop rather than a national chain. So I drove around until I found one. I swear it had to be the most ghetto tire store in all of Salt Lake City. The man who came to check out my tires spoke very little English but managed to get the point across that the tires won't work right on my car. I guess getting 4 almost brand new tires for free was a bit wishful thinking.

I had to go back to the original store I was at and just buy two new tires!! I hate spending so much money on them!!

To make matters worse, the car is still rubbing on the tire. My Dad couldn't fix it but he said the damage was probably more than $1000.00 so it's worth filing a claim with the insurance company. Once again another financial set back. I am going to get an estimate and depending on the price I may end up paying the deductible to have it all fixed up. If I do, that means no trip to NY for Christmas and definitely no Flyball tournaments for the rest of this year.

I'm not sure how other people on single income's seem to do so well to travel with their dogs so much. I don't want to fly to Europe or go to Mexico. I want to take a 6 hour road trip to a weekend Flyball tournament. For some reason life seems to be working against that goal this year. I know Marley is a big expense but other dog people have expensive broken dogs too. I guess I will just keep telling myself that everyone else is using credit cards (even though that may not be true) and that I am still refusing to use credit cards if at all possible. Even if it means my dog gets to play less Flyball and I get to spend less time playing too.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Big Bummer!

I think the dogs will live doing a little less flyball. All they really want is to be with you :)

Unknown said...

A single income just plain sucks! I never could do anything when I had only 1 income. I am finally getting out of debt now that I have a 2 person income & we are still struggling a bit. I don't know how people do it either. I hope you are able to figure all this mess out & come out ahead :)

Chris said...

I really need to read your blog more than on Tuesdays, heeheehe. Sorry !

But I have a single income as well, no dogs, but one kiddo. Its hard! We only charge gas at Costco and then I pay it off. It has meant for us, no vacations for the past 2 years. But I'd rather do that than be in debt. So hang in there, but make sure all is in order w/those tires BEFORE winter hits us! XO