Monday, September 8, 2008

Is he injured?

This is the second time in about a month that I have had to pull Dylan out of Flyball Practice. I'm not sure what is going on.
A month ago Dylan started limping during practice. I pulled him out and rubbed him down and stretched him out. I gave him some Arnica and by morning he seemed okay. We were headed to the holistic vet the next morning with Leon so I brought Dylan along and she checked him and watched his gate. She couldn't see a limp so we figured he must have just twisted something and seemed to be feeling better.
Last night, he was messing up on his box turn. He's been turning wide sometimes and I think it's because of the training prop. I asked them to move it out. I don't want him learning to turn too wide because of the prop. First turn without he prop was totally messed up. Then I noticed that he was favoring one leg. He won't put near as much weight on his right leg. He's spending a lot of time standing a little bull legged. I pulled him out, rubbed him down and stretched him good. Gave him some Arnica last night but this morning he was still favoring that left leg.
I can't remember if the first time it was the right leg that he was having an issue with. I need to call the vet today and see if they have it in their records.
I hope we can figure out what it is. I don't want my little boy hurting. Paul believes it's just a stubbed toe but I am not sure if that is the case. I have a feeling he's twisted or tweaked something in that leg that needs some time to heal.

7 comments:

R3K9S said...

Poor Dylan.

Hope you figure out what is wrong with him. And I hope he heals fast!

Unknown said...

Poor Dylan.. I am sure with some rest he will be back to normal in no time.

Anonymous said...

Oh dear, I hope you figure out what's wrong soon and that Dylan has a quick recovery!

Unknown said...

That sucks! I'm sorry :( always something huh?

Chris said...

oh bummer. I hope he will be okay.

I saw Muffit over the weekend and he almost nipped my fingers cuz I was playing w/his feet. Nothing wrong tho, but I guess he sure doesnt like people touching those feet of his!

XO

Anonymous said...

I hope nothing is wrong.. it's so hard when they can't tell us! We don't want to pull them while they are having fun, but we don't want to keep them in if it's gonna make something worse!

Anonymous said...

Oh and to Chris.. LOL you should hear Muffit SCREAM when Laurie trims his toenails!!! =P