Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Dylan's Leg

Something is still going on with Dylan's leg. I'm not sure what it is but when my vet looked at it a month or so ago she couldn't see anything either. She treats a lot of working dogs so she pays close attention to soft tissue injuries. So if she couldn't find anything, I'm pretty sure another vet wouldn't either. I may have to try to get him back in sometime in the near future for a more thorough exam.

He seems to be standing off balance sometimes and very bull-legged at others. Then there are days that he seems okay and acts like nothing is wrong? I need to start journaling everyday so that if and when we do go back to the vet, I have clear records of what is wrong.

Dylan is supposed to be running in a Flyball demo this weekend. I don't know if he will be able to. I don't want to allow him to push himself and make things worse. He's one of those crazy dogs that would keep going and going and going until he drops. He just doesn't know to stop when he feels pain!

Sometimes I think life would be a whole lot easier if dogs could talk! Then they could tell us what is wrong with them so we could take care of it!

4 comments:

R3K9S said...

It sure would be easier if they could talk.

Paws crossed for Dylan....

Melissa said...

Oh, hope he gets better. Seems like your dogs always have some kind of matter going on.

Tatum Tot said...

Bleh... I hope he's okay soon! Being hurt ain't no fun!

Tammy said...

I agree it would be easier if dogs could talk and tell us what is wrong. I hope his leg is better.