Sunday, September 21, 2008

Chasin Lizards is lots of fun!

We took the dogs out to the desert today to give them a chance to get out and run. This is Dylan's favorite place because he gets to run free! I try to call him minimally here because it's flat and I can see him and he loves so much to go out and explore. He does quite well and checks in on his own so I don't call him unless I have too!


Dylan wears an orange vest and his Muttlucks Booties. He blends in so well with the landscape that this orange vest helps make him much more visible. He tends to wear out his front pads on this dry terrain so the muttlucks help prevent that issue. They seem to stay on well but they get turned around so I have to stop him from time to time for an adjustment. My vet says he wouldn't have so many issues with his pads if his nails weren't so dang long. I really need to get working on the dremel but I've found it is very difficult for me to work on this alone. I think it would be easier if there were someone to sit there and feed him!!


There were lots and lots of lizards today and the dogs had the time of their life. Dylan especially loves to chase the lizards. The funny thing is, the lizards will run through the sagebrush and keep on going but the dogs seem to think they are hiding in the bushes. By the time the dogs realize they aren't there; the lizards are long gone!!


Paul and Leon just seem to belong together. Leon rarely leaves his side unless he sees a bunny or a squirrel!
Three tired dogs came home and took naps. I really need to get Dylan one of this round dog beds. He loves this one that is over at Paul's house!

And who couldn't love this boy? I had to post this last pic that I took after Dylan woke up!! Isn't he the cutest english pointer you have ever seen?

6 comments:

Tatum Tot said...

Ooo I love the desert too! Though I've only been there once. Dylan's orange vest is so cool! I wish I had a pink one! hehehee..

I hate hate hate having my nails trimmed too, so does my brother Muffit. Him and me have to go to Aunt Laurie's to get ours done. Muffit screams and screams and has a muzzle on. I just stand there and look awful. I don't hold still for the Mum at all, neither does Muffit! We don't like our feet touched!

When them Mum does the rest of our pack, she puts squeeze cheese on a rough cutting board, when the Dad doesn't help, and they lick that off while she dremmels. They like it much better that way then the Mum can do it herself!

They go through a lot of squeeze cheese though!

myspoileddogs said...

Tatum - you should come chasin lizards with us sometime!!

Anonymous said...

Lucy is our designated "lizard lover"! She gets a big kick out of trying to catch the quick little guys. LOL

Chris said...

Oh I love the desert even tho I am not a dog! And my son even caught a lizard last time we were there, how funny, my kiddo is a lot like a dog, heeheehee

R3K9S said...

Looks like a good time!

Melissa said...

Those look like very happy dogs. Yeah for excercise in the desert!