Friday, September 19, 2008

The New Tenant!

My new tenant arrived yesterday from NM. He seems pretty nice and really likes his cats. I foresee him spending a lot of time on the big front porch! He was sitting out there when I got home last night.

The house already smells a bit like cats. It's just his stuff that was moved in. I'm a bit nervous the place might smell like cats after he moves out but hopefully a good cleaning and cleaning some carpets will help.

He likes to cook and to garden. I suspect he might stay on top of me to keep the front yard looking a bit nicer. It's probably good though. I'm super lazy about yard work and I hate doing it. I kind of need to be obligated to get it done to keep me motivated.

He's promised to bring me some chocolate from his work. Sounds like a bad plan huh? Guess it's supposed to be healthy chocolate that they sell at whole foods.

We got another room painted and now we have 1 more to go! I added the total for all hours put into painting and getting that house ready. So far we have spent 66 hours, taping, cleaning, patching walls, and painting. That's a lot of time! I've put in 26 of those myself but I feel so lucky to have such wonderful friends and family that have been willing to come help!! Pics to come soon!

3 comments:

R3K9S said...

Simply green works amazingly well getting cat smell out of rooms....Believe me ;) At least that is my experience....And like you said, good carpet cleaning

Unknown said...

Surprisingly, with all the fosters I had & my own cats ... I was able to get the cat smell out before my tenants moved in (that was 4 years worth of cats). As long as he's pretty clean about them the smell will come out! Crazy, but true :)

Chris said...

I think it is SO neat that you have rental. I have been thinking about it a lot these days as when I was married we had a 4 plex. I can do all the financial stuff, its the fixer-upper stuff that scares me. Good Luck w/this guy. We have a cat; she is very clean, lets hope your tennant is clean too. XO