Saturday, September 20, 2008

It's official! Marley is the cutest dog!


We went to the Salem Pet Fair today. Marley won the contest for the cutest dog. I alwasy knew she was the cutest girl!
I actually wasn't going to enter but I bought these cute bows for her hair right as the contest was starting. So we decided to run down and enter the contest because she looked SO darling with her bows in! Guess the bows really did make her the cutest!
She also won "Most Obedient!" It's kind of a funny title since I have not really done much obedience work with her. The contest was easy though - Sit, Stay, and Come. Then Marley and our friend Tonks had to do a roll over for a tie breaker. Pretty easy obedience and Marley LOVES to Roll over!!
Marley also ran in the flyball demo! I was so impressed with her! It's been about a year since she ran with a team and she did SO great! I actually let her play at practice 2 weeks ago just for the fun of it. She did great! Dylan's been limping so I didn't take him. Marley ran in his place! She completed all her runs after a messy warm up. She dropped the ball early once but other than that her runs were pretty good! She even did her swimmer's turn just like she is supposed too!! I'm amazed that after a year she could just go out there and do it like she'd been practicing all along!
It was a fun day at the Salem Pet Fair! We had fun with Cynthia, Chase, and Tatum! We got to ride down in the nice new van!!

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Congrats Marley! Looks like she is in excellent form after her accident. Cute dog.

Unknown said...

Sounds like lots of fun! Hope you didn't get rained on?? Marley looks very cute!

R3K9S said...

We already knew she was the cutest, now it is official! That is cool about Marley and the demo

Tatum Tot said...

Yay my van is sooo nice and I'm glad you guys came with! I got to sleep but the Mum said the drive went way faster with a friend to talk to.

Marley is such a cutie! I wish bows would have stuck in my fur, but my unfurriness is too short!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Marley! It sounds like a great day.