Thursday, September 18, 2008

21 hours of painting!

I spent 5 hours Wednesday and 16 hours yesterday painting in the rental! My 21 hours combined with the many hours of my friends and family has made it possible to clean and tape and paint 2 bedrooms, the kitchen, and the bathroom! We are over half way done!!

I have some painting pics to post but I haven't had time to upload them to the computer!

This old house has sooo much molding! Big 10 inch molding around the floor and molding around all the doors and the ceiling in some rooms. I'm getting really good at using the paint brush!

My Dad, Brother in law, Sister, and friend Dia came and we taped and cleaned on Tuesday Night. We also finished painting the small bedroom.

Paul came yesterday morning after working all night and helped patch the millions of holes in the walls and then helped me paint the other bedroom. This wonderful man stayed up for like 23 hours straight to help me paint yesterday!

Thanks to my good friend's Andrea and Ross we finished up the kitchen and bath at 1 AM last night. Andrea came early and helped me clean and tape and get started painting! Ross stayed until 1 AM and painted all the hard corners and crap. I have video of him shakin his booty on top of the refrigerator!!

Now we just have the two living rooms. They have tons of molding around the windows and doors and on the walls. I still have paint in my hair and on my skin after my shower to get to work this morning. I didn't sleep well and woke up late!

I'll have my Dad and Paul to help me again tonight and my tenant will be moving into the bedrooms and the kitchen today. We need to hang blinds tonight and clean up the drop cloths and tape from the kitchen and bath so he has space to live the next few days while we finish the rest of the house.

I'm hoping that tomorrow night will be the last night! I am SOOO very tired!! I just want to go back to bed right now!

D&M have been so neglected the last few days. They are lucky to have Paul who is taking them out this morning for me. I just haven't had much time for anything more than food, water, and potty breaks.

6 comments:

Tammy said...

I don't like painting. So your last couple of days sound like some thing I wouldn't want to be doing. You are doing very good and covering a lot of ground very fast. Keep going and it will be done before you know it.

Chris said...

I like to paint! It is hard work and my arms usually dont work for a few days afterwards, but lemme know next time and me and my son (13years old) will come help. Really! Good luck w/the rental and the new tenants better appreciate and take care, or your place.

myspoileddogs said...

This is the first I have ever really painted!

Thanks Chris that is SOO nice of you!!

Unknown said...

Sorry I didn't make it over. I am feeling so bad. It sounds like you had some great help though! You have lots of good people in your life. I am glad you are getting there ... hopefully you can rest this weekend!

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a ton of work! I kinda like to paint, but am not crazy about it anymore. :) I have one more room to paint in my house.

You can sleep on Saturday to the demo and back. LOL

myspoileddogs said...

Ha Cyn! I just might need to sleep on Saturday!!

Ohhh... and I added up the hours and there's 51 hours total that have been put into this place the last 2 days! I feel so lucky to have such wonderful friends and family that are willing to help out!!