Thursday, May 29, 2008

When it rains it pours...

My poor little miss was attacked by a neighbor dog. It's a long and crazy story that I don't want to detail here. She fought back and rightfully so.

She came away from this whole thing with multiple puncture wounds in her abdomen. It was exposed because I picked her up right before this dog went after her. We rushed to the vet hospital and found that one of the punctures was believed to have gone all the way through to her abdominal cavity. They kept her overnight on IV Fluids and antibiotics. They did more x rays this morning and decided that it was necessary to go in and check things out to make sure everything is okay. She should be out of surgery by now and I am waiting to hear back from the Vet.

It killed me to leave her there in the kennel last night but I know it's what best. I hate that they are pumping her full of drugs and antibiotics but I don't know what else to do.

I just keep thinking positive thoughts that my baby girl is gonna be alright. Hopefully she can come home from the vet hospital after I get off work.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm sorry this happened to you again!! That is just crazy ... positive thoughts :)

Anonymous said...

Paws crossed and prayers said for Miss Marley...
poor baby girl!
Leaving her at the vet was the right thing to do...
Sending healing light Miss Marley's way
Ann

Anonymous said...

Oh no! Thats so awful! Poor Miss Marley :( I hope she is ok. I also hope your neighbors are planning to help you pay for the damages? Was their dog off leash?

Unknown said...

OMG how terrible! My heart goes out to you. Paws crossed and healing vibes being sent your way.

Let us know how she gets along with surgery.

Melissa said...

That is awful. You have vicious killer dogs in your neighborhood. I hope she recovers quickly.