Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Marley's Pain

One really difficult part of having a broken dog is trying to figure out how they are feeling. Dog's are notorious for hiding thier pain. With Marley, I can notice sometimes very subtle differences in the way she walks, runs, and sits. I have to pay close attention regularly to monitor her pain level.

Last night we were out walking and she was hobbling along when she was walking but running almost normal. She's definitely not been feeling well and I am not sure if the treatment she had last week has been helping or not? I suspect that after such a rough treatment it might be good for her to go in for a follow up.

It makes my heart ache to know she is hurting. I just wish I could do more to help her feel better. I know I could feed her drugs everyday to block the pain but I don't think that's a life she would choose for herself.

I am going to give her a week or two before scheduling a follow up. In the mean time, she will have her annual titer tests and heartworm test at the regular vet tomorrow.

No comments: