Thursday, May 1, 2008

Poor Deprived Pups


It's gonna be a long weekend for Dylan and Marley at home without much attention. Sometimes it's hard for me to live alone, and work two jobs, and volunteer, and take care of the pups. My dogs sometimes have longs days indoors. I feel so lucky to have Paul to help me from time to time. I also have great friends who occasionally come look in on them and let them out to potty when I have a long day at work. I don't really like dog doors but my yard isn't secure enough for one anyway.

I used to telecommute for work and the best benefit was always just knowing that my dogs didn't have to spend 9.5 hours a day locked up inside the house without a potty break. It was so great to be able to see their cute faces all day and work with a warm body laying at my feet. Since going back into the office, I miss them so much while I am away. I wish I worked at a place that allowed dogs (but then my dogs wouldn't be friendly enough anyway). Dylan and Marley are such good sports though and never complain. They rarely get into trouble while I am away. The only time I ever seem to come home to a mess is if one of them was sick during the day. These days leave me with a ton of guilt because I know my dogs won't have an accident unless they really cannot help it. So I envision them trying to hold it and making themselves feel worse because they know they aren't supposed to go to the bathroom indoors.

I've got three long days ahead between the two jobs and the Super Pet Adoption. I know they will survive but I always feel guilty for having too many long days too close together. Maybe I can get them some special chew treats or something to keep them busy while I am away.

For kicks this pic is of my Little Princess Marley. She loved that super deep snow this winter!! Hopefully, it is over for this season. I really doubt though it because it's been snowing out there today!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe I'll see you at the Super Adoption? I'll be working at the NMHP animal ambassadors table on Sunday from 11-2.

myspoileddogs said...

I will only be there Sunday early to walk dogs but if I am there after 11 for any reason I will stop by and see ya.

What's the NMHP Animal Ambassadors?