Friday, May 2, 2008

Dave Ramsey on Podcast

I listen to several podcasts every week. One of my favorites is the Dave Ramsey radio show. Paul actually introduced me to him a few months ago. Dave's a financial advisor that helps people learn how to get out of debt. He also talks a lot about investing and planning for finances in the future.

I gotta admit, at first, I felt a little dumb listening to it. But the reality is, I really like it. It's motivating for me to try to keep my finances in better order. I'm really trying to stay more organized. He's a little more religious than I would prefer but overall his financial advice is great. He really stresses staying out of debt and I think that's a great plan. I've never been a big fan of credit cards (mostly becuase I don't trust myself with them) so I have very little debt. I've worked my way through a bunch of financial stuff the last several months. I'm really feeling the momentum to get things all straightened out and in much better order over the next few months.

I would highly recommend the show to anyone experiencing financial stress. I'd say try it but give it a good couple of weeks before making a decision about how you feel about it. You will hear from some amazing people (e.g. people who have paid off 30K in debt on a 40,000$ income with a family of 4) and hopefully come to some realization that living with credit cards is a vicious cycle that will never end unless you just stop using them. You can get it free on Itunes or check out http://www.daveramsey.com/.

It's been tough for me to have to miss concerts, dinners out with friends, and even trips to flyball tournaments and seminars. Missing Flyball has by far been the most difficult. I have no doubt though, that it will be well worth it in the end.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on getting the financial stuff in order! That's really cool ... I am trying as well. It is a great feeling. I just paid off a credit card!! Woo Hoo

myspoileddogs said...

Thanks! That's awesome you are on your way! Keep it up! It will be so worth it to get the CC's paid off.