Friday, May 2, 2008

Super Pet Adoption!


It's the super adoption weekend! It's a huge event with tons of rescue groups and shelters getting together to bring tons of dogs to one location for people to come adopt.

I' actually working most of the event with my p/t job. It's been great so far and I am happy to be able to get newly adopted animals started off with a wonderful diet. Hopefully people will stick with it since it really is an awesome product.

Usually I spend a lot of time volunteering this weekend but I won't be spending near as much time. I'm going to help out as much as I can though.
I sometimes worry about the dogs placed at this event. I hope the rescue groups are spending lots of time trying to screen the homes. When I place animals, I prefer to spend some time and let people take the time to think it over. I only really want people to adopt if they are positive that it's what they want to do. I also like to do home visits to check out the place where my animal is going to live. I know most people in the all breed rescue world don't do home visits but I hope that the efforts I put in make a difference in my foster's life by ensuring they have good homes for their whole lives. I also really stress feeding a high quality food and using PR training. I want to help people know how to be good, responsible dog owners. Especially if they are adopting one of my dogs!!

I really hope to get a foster again one of these days. I'd like to rescue a nice cattle dog or border collie or really anything. I miss having a foster dog. It's really rewarding and well worth the time and energy spent. The break I have had has been nice but I am starting to itch for a new dog. I have to hold out until I am ready to quit the second job though so I have enough time to work with the new dog and get everyone training and attention and excercise.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Wow that is awesome you take the time to go to the homes.