Monday, May 5, 2008

Flyball Practice!!

Dylan is still injured and so he can't go to Flyball. My friend was busy with her other dogs at Agility so I took her border collie. I can't believe what a good boy he was!! He rode so nicely in his belt in the car that I forgot to take him home. I realized he was still in my car when I was driving up my street. Good thing my friend lives close so it wasn't too much backtracking to take him home.

It's really interesting running a different dog in Flyball. I'm so used to Dylan who I have to really work to get him back so he doesn't over run the runback. Chase was such a good boy and ran right to switch off from his ball to the tug. Boy can that dog tug too! I couldn't figure out his command to drop the tug so I ended up just dropping it because when I dropped it he would do the same LOL. I finally understand why some people wear gloves to tug with their dogs.

I really wish I could get Dylan to switch off to a tug. I need to work with him but every time I think about it he is injured and can't really be playing rough. I'd like to to get Dylan turning on the wall too. His box turn is already pretty nice in form but he could sure use a bit more speed!! Hopefully he will get better soon and stay healthy so we can train some Flyball!!

1 comment:

Cynthia Blue said...

Thanks so much for taking my goofy Chase! He is pretty well mannered... much better than Levi, who is an obnoxious brat. LOL but it's my own fault.

Chase does love that tug, but getting the tug out can be hard sometimes. His out word is 'now'... but it started as out, then went to drop, then went to 'now'... he doesn't listen to any of them for me. LOL