Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Podcasts!!

I listen to several podcasts each week. It's an unexpected bonus to having an ipod.

A lot of what I listen to is dog related (of course). My favorite dog podcasts hardly ever come out with new episodes but there are a few that I listen to regularly that have more good information than bad.

One of these recently picked up crappy Eukanuba as a sponser. It's really been bugging me the last couple weeks. I wish that more people understood what goes into dog food! Eukanuba's line is HORRIBLE and even their natural line sucks. Some of those crappy dog food companies are starting to come out with a natural line of food. They usually are a bit better than the regular food but cost a lot more and aren't near as good as some of the products on the shelf next to it. People buy things because of the brand name and it's completely ridiculous. When it comes to pet food - read the ingredients and understand what they are for!

I've been trying to decide what to do about my new hatred for the advertisements on this podcasts. I already emailed the woman after they did a podcast on dog food and had a vet giving lots of POOR information about how to pick out a dog food. I even gave her links to information and good points of contact on nutrition. She emailed back with a thanks for the suggestion and that she would look into it. Now she has this huge long advertisement at the beginning of the podcast for Eukanuba? I guess it could be worse, she could be advertising Beneful which is probably one of the most misleading products on the market.

I'm not sure if I will email her again and state my disappointment or if I just stop listening or if I just keep on getting the podcast. I haven't decided what I will do but I can say that I really hate the Eukanuba ad's.

No comments: