Friday, May 30, 2008

She's home!

She's home and bouncy and energetic. That's not at all what I expected but I guess I didn't really think about the fact that the anesthetic has really worn off by now.

She does have a huge incision on her belly. There's also a good amount of bruising but I guess not as many external punctures as I originally thought. They cut through two of them in the incision and the others that I thought I saw on the outside were just part of the bruising. I have to keep her down for 7 full days and then no running or off leash activity for another 7 after that. She's already trying to jump up on the bed so I have to keep her babygated out of the room for now. I can sleep in the front room with her for the next few days though!
The one good thing is, I got some good clear x-rays of her spine. I can have my holistic vetrinarian check them out next time we go in for a treatment. The vetrinarian that treated her this week says it looks great and she doesn't see any problems with the vertebrae. I hope that means her spinal issues are better.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

ooooh ouchie that looks like it really hurts! Glad she's safe at home with her mommy! Speedy healing.

Licks and Slobbers,
Brutus and Rufus

Anonymous said...

I hope she feels better soon. Sounds like she already does. Good luck keeping her still!

4fayz said...

Scary! Glad she's OK!