Thursday, June 19, 2008

Stinging, stiff joints, and a monster headache!

My body has been really off this week. It all started Monday night when I was leaving my dog trainer friend's house. I thought I got bit by a spider because I suddenly had a stinging feeling in my knee and shooting pains up the leg. It lasted about a minute and I couldn't figure out what it was. I thought it might be a spider bite but there is no mark on my leg at all.

On the way home, I stopped at a store and checked my blood pressure. Paul said it was a good idea because of the strangeness of this incident. Everything was fine but by the time I got home my joints were stiff. My knee was stiff the following day then that evening it happened again. I got a stinging sensation in my knee when I was walking through Home Depot. There wasn't any shooting pain this time but just the stinging. All in the same spot.

Yesterday morning I woke up with a splitting headache. My back is stiff and sore. I'm not sure it's a related issue but I sure feel like crap. Last night, I had that stinging feeling in my knee twice. Once while driving and another while laying on my couch watching tv.

My headache isn't going away either. It's been killing me all day again today. I actually called the doc to see if it's something I should have checked out. They said it's okay to wait it out a few days and see what happens.

I know I am just whining but I sure feel like crap. I wonder what the hell is going on with my body this week. I haven;t been to the gym all week and I've barely done anything except yardwork because that wasn't optional.

Hope it all goes away soon...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

There has been something going around. A virus of sorts. Everyone in this house has had it now (son fell ill today) hubby and I each had it for 10 days. For the first 7 I felt as though I had been run over by a mack truck.. headache and sinuses. I have talked to several people and they all seem to have or have had something similar. And they are in all corners of the country.

Hope you get to feeling better. But if you have what I did, dont expect it for several days.

Cynthia Blue said...

Isn't yardwork always optional? LOL... my body has been bad this week, too, after the flyball tourney. And my neck is just all out of whack. Going to a chiro myself next Wednesday.

I hope you feel better soon.