Sunday, June 8, 2008

Sad Girl in a cone!

This poor girl is starting to wake up. She's been so groggy since I picked her up but finally perked up a bit late tonight. She's confined to an X-Pen for the most part because of the dripping. I made a comfy bed in there for her with her regular dog bed, covered with some blankets so I can clean them when all is said and done!
She's been laying on this dog bed all night and barely moved. She looks so sad and pathetic. The doc says she has to wear the E collar 24 hours a day for the next 4 days until the drain comes out. It's too risky that she could rip it right out since it's easy to grab on to. She can't walk very well with the cone on because it keeps dragging on the ground. I feel bad for her since she's constantly banging into things and dragging her cone along everywhere.
I think it would be a lot worse for Dylan. He's my cuddle buddy and always sleeps on the bed. Marley generally chooses to sleep on her dog bed or on the couch so at least she's not being forced to stay off the bed. I'll miss her coming up for morning cuddles but maybe I can put some towels down and bring her up there with me early in the morning.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Miss Marley.
Give her love from her Aunt Ann

Unknown said...

She looks so sad... I hope she's back to herself soon. In the long run this will all be worth it. I'm just happy it isn't worse.