Saturday, June 7, 2008

Is it ever gonna end?

Marley's had a pocket of fluid trapped on her belly the last week as she's been healing from all this. The seroma is getting worse. The fluid is spread over a bigger area and there seems to be more of it.

I called in to the vet today. She's been so wonderful to take my phone calls and put in so much time with Marley and I. She said she would like to treat the seroma before she goes out of town. Plus do another check for the potential fifth hold in her body wall. So back to the vet we get to go. They don't want to put a drain in for the seroma though. It requires anesthesia and another incision. So instead, they will use a K laser. I don't have a clue what that means but I guess I will find out tomorrow. I didn't want to take up so much of her time on the phone asking a zillion questions.

I'm so glad this vet's office is open on weekends. The office visit is usually more expensive on Sunday but she said she would do free follow ups with no office visit charge. I still have to pay for any treatment though. She's been so wonderful that I got her a thank you card from Miss Marley to take in with us tomorrow.

This event feels like it is going on forever. I really hope that Marley can get healed up one of these days so we can go out walking and play again. Until then, we will just have lots of cuddle time.

I'm very thankful that she lived through this whole mess. It never really sunk in at the time, how serious all this was. She could have died or had much more serious complications. Can you imagine what it would have been like if 4 holes turned into 4 hernias? Or if the punctures had gone through and hit her organs? I can't imagine life without my baby girl and am so glad that the injuries she had were ones that were easier to repair.

No comments: