Tuesday, June 3, 2008

It's not over yet....

Last night I came home and checked Marley's incision. It looked so good and the bruising was almost completely gone!! I took her out to my parents house with me for dinner. She kept trying to jump down off this ledge from their kitchen to family room. She's not supposed to be jumping so I did the best I could to get her to use the stairs.

When my sister asked to see her belly I turned her over and found a new bruise!! That's really concerning so I called and talked to the vet that did the surgery. She wanted to see her so I rushed her over before they closed. I'm so glad this vet's office is open late!

The vet said she has some build up of fluid and that's what causes the bruising. Not a big concern unless it gets worse. It could just reabsorb into her body but it could also get worse and need a drain. We will have to watch it and see what happens.

She also said she feels an indentation in Marley's abdomen. That's really scary! It's possible one of the punctures they repaired has broken open again. She's not sure but the only way to find out is to surgically open her up and look. So we have to go back Wednesday and she is gonna check her again. If it's still there or any bigger, she may have to have a second exploratory surgery :(.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed things get lots better before Wed! I really hate the idea of putting her through all that surgery and hospitalization again!! Plus I am out of money and really can't afford to go through a second surgery.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That just sucks!! Keep us updated ... I'm sorry to hear that.

Unknown said...

Poor Marley...How aweful. I hope it is nothing serious and a second surgery will not be needed.