Thursday, June 5, 2008

Another Marley Update

We went in for another follow up last night. The vet we have been working with has been so wonderful and given me a lot of time and energy. I really have been so happy that I made the decision to go to willow creek on the night this all happened.

She said Marley's incision looks great! It's looking better than she expected. The sagging from the fluid is a bit better than it was Monday as well. She did feel what she believed to be a hole in her body wall. She thought it was likely a different one than the holes they fixed last week. After feeling around, she had some vet techs feel as well. They did an x ray that looked good so she got a second opinion from another vet. All in all, they aren't really sure what's going on in there. But the consensus is that there's not enough evidence to warrant a second surgery at this time. They are hoping it's just fluid that will be absorbed into her body as she heals. If things get worse and not better I will need to take her back in for another check.

I am supposed to keep her down at least another week or two. No walks or running or jumping. Poor girl wants to play but she doesn't understand I can't play with her now. I'm just hoping she will heal up fast. I wonder if it is okay, at this point, to do some free shaping or something to work her brain a bit since we can't work her body.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you guys have a handle on things for now. I hope she continues to heal. What a scary, scary ordeal!

Anonymous said...

i think the hardest part of getting stranger neutered was when he felt like himself again but we had to limit his play and exercise. he had so much pent up energy

Melissa said...

She must be going crazy. I hope she heals up quick.