Thursday, June 12, 2008

Finally Getting Better!!!

I think Miss Marley is finally on her way to getting better. She had the drain pulled out last night because I accidentally pulled it partially out when I was cleaning it. It's looking better today than it was even yesterday. That's probably partially due to the fact that she has had opportunity to do some grooming and clean things up a bit. She's not licking the wounds excessively but I let her do some cleaning last night and this morning.


The bruises are starting to fade and she has two wholes where the drain once was. She bled all over my sheets last night because I didn't expect that she would be bleeding still.

The incision that is still stitched has some bubbling areas. I am not sure what that's all about but I think it will be okay. I am sure the vet's office is getting tired of hearing from me all the time so I will just watch it for a few days.

She's acting much like nothing ever happened so I think she is feeling well. I think today may be the last day of pain meds if she keeps acting like she feels okay.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What great news!!!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

So glad to hear that!

Cynthia Blue said...

I am so glad she is feeling better! She's a tough girl, she'll be good as new in no time. :)

Unknown said...

I am so happy for her and for you. She's looking so much better.

Great job taking such good care of her. She wouldn't have done so well to press with out your encouragement and care.

myspoileddogs said...

Thanks guys for all the support. I actually took her out and let her walk off leash last night. She was in HEAVEN getting to wander around and sniff and pee on stuff!!