Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Time for a biopsy....

So it's never a great thing when your doc says you need a biopsy. My doc said it to me last Monday when I went to have my knee checked. I have a spot on my skin on my arm that they are going to biopsy on August 4th.

I have my Dad's complexion. My skin generally turns brown in the sun. I don't usually wear much sunscreen unless I plan to be out all weekend. This past weekend at the bark in the park; I forgot to take my sunscreen. I am allergic to some kinds of sunscreen so I don't usually use anyone's but my own. Breaking out in hives in all the area you applied sunscreen is more than just miserable. It's really unbearable since you tend to put sunscreen all over your body. I spent 9-10 hours out in the sun Saturday and actually got pretty fried. I forgot to bring my sunscreen with me! Combine that with Sunday's yard work, I went to the doctor with a bright red face on Monday. Kind of ironic since it happened to be the day he says I need a biopsy.

My Dad says he has had a few biopsies over the last few years. He worked outdoors for 30 years and always had way too much sun exposure. They always turn out to be nothing. From his understanding, skin cancer is a lot more common in fairer skinned people. So it's probably just a precautionary measure. I still can't help but have a bit of anxiety over it all though. There's nothing I can do but wait for another two weeks though.

On a much better note, my doctor said the knee problem is probably just a bit of tendonitis. He says it sounds like it's on its way to getting better. Hopefully that means the end of my knee feeling like it's being stabbed over and over again!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Goodness... I hope everything goes well with the biopsy. Reminds me I need to make an appointment for the Dr myself. eeek

myspoileddogs said...

thanks. I am sure it will be fine. Right?

R3K9S said...

Paws and fingers crossed!

4fayz said...

Scary! I hope all turns out well.

Melissa said...

My mom got tons of biopsies and they turned out ok. I think generally things are fine they just want to check anything suspicious. The burn sounds terrible. I've had some of those before.