Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Life changes so fast.

I keep thinking I am at the end of the streak of what seems to be one major issue after another. Yet then I get surprised by yet another. Life seems to change so fast when you aren't expecting it.

My mother had a heart attack today. I guess there's been some ongoing issues the last week that she hadn't told any of us kids about. I knew she was sick over the weekend but Monday she emailed and said she was feeling much better. Today I got the call that they were on the way to the E.R. because she was having chest pain and had been having high blood pressure every time she checked it the last week. Over the weekend, her blood pressure was so high that they said she was at high risk for a stroke.

She is doing well and says she is feeling fine. They will do an angiogram tomorrow and hopefully fix any blockages. With luck, she will be able to come home Friday.

On a lighter note, Togepi is home from the vet. She has a bladder infection and an ulcer on her eye. They also did some x rays and found she has hip dysplasia in one of her hips. Nothing life threatening. Hip Dysplasia obviously won't be able to be healed but at least they can now manage the issue. . Hopefully she will get feeling better soon.

8 comments:

R3K9S said...

OMG Christy!!!!!!!

Thank goodness they did go to the hospital. Thoughts and prayers coming out your family's way.

Hang in there Christy....

myspoileddogs said...

Thanks AKA!!

Unknown said...

It was good to talk to you last night! I am sending positive thoughts your way for sure. You have been through too much lately!

Melissa said...

My dad had a heart attack a few years ago and it was so scary. I feel for you. I hope she recovers quickly.

4fayz said...

That is scary! I hope she is feeling better soon. Thinking of you.

Cynthia Blue said...

Oooo man, if it's not one thing it's something else. I hope your Mother is okay.

Unknown said...

Oh honey I am so sorry. We are sending good vibes and healing thoughts your way. You have just been put through the wringer this last month.

HUGS!

Georgeous said...

OMD you really are having an expel of energies. Mummy says it seems to be happening all around. I hope everyone is recovering! Mail Mummy on Dogster if you want some healing sent to your Mummy.
Love 'n'Snuffs
George