Sunday, July 20, 2008

Bark in the Park

It was a FUN filled day yesterday at the Bark In the Park. We went to a benefit event for a local rescue group.

Dylan and his flyball team showed off their stuff in a Flyball Demo!! A photographer for a local newspaper took some pictures of Dylan and he will be in the weekly paper this week! I can't wait. I'm trying to contact the photographer to see if I can get copies of his pictures of Dyl but

his email is bouncing because his inbox is full. I hope he cleans it out a bit soon. Dylan has had a few opportunities now to be in the news because of Flyball and racing Course a Lure. Even Marley was on the news once for flyball and just for walking through a dog event. My dogs are super stars (hehehe) but I love it!

I wish I had taken some pictures but I always space doing that. Luckily my good friend and teammate has a fancy schmancy camera and she seems to enjoy using it. Unfortunately, we always end up racing against each other at flyball! However, she does have some pics she took of Dylan swimming and Miss Marley and Tatum. Hopefully I will be able to get some copies of her pics (and btw I will pic them up from your place or you can email or I can bring a flash drive over)...I need to make a deal with her sometime that I will take some pics of Chase when he is running and then see if she will take pics of Dylan. My camera is too slow to get decent action shots at flyball. This pic of Dylan was taken at a different Demo but it makes me laugh because his ears are flying all over the place. It looks like he has slowed down a bit as he is approaching the box. I think it may be better to try to focus in on the second or third jump when the dog is running full speed.
We also cleaned up in the Prize department. Marley showed off her stuff in the best trick contest. She didn't win any prizes there but our friend Tonks did. She also competed in the roll over race and won first place! She rolled over and over and over and over to the finish line. Our friend Apache got second place. As a prize, Marley got a new fleece dog bed and I got a gift card for dinner in Park City! I entered a raffle at Petco and won a gift basket FULL of Yummy Dick Van Pattens food and treats. Dylan and Marley will be happy to have some canned food with their meals for sure!
When we got back home from the bark in the park, Marley and I went up Millcreek canyon to a barbecue. I got to visit with some old friends and Marley got to show off all her tricks and see her friends Josie and Chase. She also got to play fetch in the creek until she dropped her ball in an area where the water was moving pretty swiftly and it got washed away before I could retrieve it. That's why I hate using balls and toys out in nature. Hopefully some other dog will find it and get to play. I hate feeling like I littered in the canyon!
The best part of the day was the pond at the bark in the park (well maybe Dylan being in the newspaper and the prizes and the flyball and the contests all made it a great day). Finding a new pond that's somewhat easily accessible is such a great deal. My dogs will be going there to swim again in the future. Even Dylan was swimming way out to get his ball! I was so impressed with his bravery! He's come a long way from the days when I used to have to get in the water with food and my clicker to get him to come in. He even swam with Chase and the two of them did pretty well together. Dylan wanted to try to steal chases toys but he was a pretty good boy and listened to me when I told him Chase wouldn't be too happy about that. I can't wait to go back to the pond today. If I wasn't so fried from the sun - I'd take them back there today!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cool... you will have to post the article when it gets published. Adorable picture of Dylan.

Unknown said...

Sounds like so much fun. Sounds like you kept busy this weekend! Congrats to Dylan & Marley on all their accomplishments!