Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Taking it off together Tuesday!

I joined a group of bloggers in a weekly weigh in and trying to lose weight. I didn't join til mid-week last week but still ended up doing pretty well with a 3 lb loss. :) There are also a couple of my friends in this group already.

I have been trying to eat better. I was trying to stop drinking soda at work but found I was drinking more outside of work as a result. So now I am not drinking soda at all. My work has it for free here and after 8 years, I think I have a severe soda addiction. I've tried to quit unsuccessfully in the past. I get bad headaches when I don't drink it but I know over time it will be worth it. I have my water bottle that I carry around here and I got some zero calorie drinks at Costco that are actually pretty yummy. The drinks also have a bunch of vitamins and electrolytes so hopefully they will be good for me.

I was going to the gym for a few weeks before my knee started acting up. I'm hoping to get back after I see my doctor next week. We have a gym here at work which sounds convenient in theory. However, I have 2 dogs locked up all day in my house and I feel guilty staying after work to go to the gym. I've decided a half an hour won't be too detrimental to Dylan and Marley and it will do me a lot of good in the long run. I walk the dogs regularly but I don't seem to get my heart rate up enough during dog walking so the gym will definitely help with that. I've been anxious to get back.

I need a better understanding of nutrition. So I am listening to some podcasts and doing some reading online. I think it will help me understand better what good things I need to put into my diet to help me be healthier.

Here are the reports for this week:

Chris - 2 LOSS
Tammy - 2 GAIN
Life With Hashi-Thyroid Blog - 2 GAIN
Grace - 4.6 LOSS
Leigh - 1 GAIN
Clara - 2 LOSS
Dette - 1 LOSS
Julie - 0.8 LOSS
Cheryl - 1 LOSS
Cyn Blue - no report?
Audrey - 3 LOSS

Everone help us welcome our 12th member Christy with a 3 LOSS!!

Total : 11.68 LOSS

18 comments:

Unknown said...

Woo Hoo! Good Job Christy! If you find out some good info on nutrition let me know! I have been trying to pick up tid bits here & there & work them into my daily diet as best I can. I'm very proud of you for giving up soda! I am sure that is hard.

myspoileddogs said...

Thanks Jules!!!

Cheryl said...

Hi Christy - Great Job! Welcome to the group!. Sparkspeople.com is a great site to check out and it is free. It has a ton of information on it. Soda is a rough one to give up. I drink the diet stuff and found out that it is just as bad. I know I am addicted. Giving it up is a big accomplishment!

Chris said...

Okay. This is totally wierd. Are you in Thunder Paws Flyball.....? My sister is Cynthia :)
Anyways! Good goin' on the loss ! Us SLC gals rock, heeheehee.

myspoileddogs said...

Yeap us SLC Gals are awesome!

And I do know Cyn and am on her flyball team. oh and I met you at her bday party last year.

Unknown said...

I think I need to get a scale so I can join in too.

myspoileddogs said...

Ahh yeah! I am using the scale in the gym here at work since the one I have is old and crappy and inconsistent. I need to throw that one away.

Anonymous said...

3 pounds is a great start. It took me ages to get off soda, but now I drink maybe one a week. Welcome to the group!

Anonymous said...

Oops sorry that was me who left thae comment!

Pam said...

welcome to our group, and what a great way to start! keep up the weight loss.

i gained this week..drinking too much soda among other things. coca-cola is my one addiction. i've tried to go cold turkey and managed to only go two days w/o it. now i know how those who try to give up smoking feel. LOL hopefully i can get back on track t his week. :)

myspoileddogs said...

I actually quit smoking almost 3 years ago. There's nothing else like it. It's really really horrible!

Georgeous said...

Oh well done!
Are you in the Uk? come & power walk with me, my mumma said she lost 2 stones since getting me. I've looked for them but I dunno what they look like, she has some laying around the house for healing but she says thay are not the stones she is talking about.
Love 'n' snuffs
George

myspoileddogs said...

George! I would so love to come walking with you but I am so very far away in Utah in the US.

Melissa said...

Good luck with your weight loss. The first few weeks are the hardest when you are trying to change habits.

Clara said...

Welcome to our group! And what a great way to start!

myspoileddogs said...

Thanks Clara!

Anonymous said...

I'm with you - I totally need to get a better understanding of nutrition. I love how this meme totally gets me inspired to make better choices. :)

Tammy said...

Welcome to our group! Great job with the 3 lbs loss, what a great way to start. I agree with Julie if you find some good nutrition information pass it along. I've been doing different things and just seeing what works.