Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Something Happy


It's been kind of a depressing week between losing Paul's Grandma and now hearing about Shadow. I thought I would post something happier!



Here's a pic of me and my happy dogs. It was taken on a walk out on the BLM lands near dugway. Dylan looks so thrilled to be there because it's one of his favorite places to go. It's mostly flat so he can run a little more free than he can up the canyon and I can still see him. Marley's just glad to be out and about.

These BLM lands are one of my new favorite places to go walk dogs. I like that Dylan can run out 50 yards and I can still see him. He's so hard to manage on a mountain trail because he gets 10 feet away and you can't see him. This flat desert is ideal for us. Plus no one else goes there....Well occasionally there are target shooters or ATV's but it's big enough you can completely avoid them. I've never seen another dog out there so it's a GREAT place to take Dylan to walk. Watch out for badgers and other wildlife though. Usually just rabbits and bugs and cows from a distance.

Dylan keeps wearing his paws out when we go out there. He's home now with sore paws. I can't wait until they get better so we can go back out there. I'm gonna buy him some new booties to protect his pads!!

2 comments:

Cynthia Blue said...

Very cool picture! When did you get a blog! LOL I must be slow. ;)

myspoileddogs said...

You are not so slow. I just set it up yesterday!!!