Tuesday, April 29, 2008

A Full House!!!






I've got a full house this week! I'm dog sitting for my boyfriend who had to leave town for a family funeral. His big black Curly Coated Retriever is a wonderful big dog who weighs as much as my two dogs put together! He loves his daddy a lot but has warmed up to me over the past several months. It's really interesting to see the differences in Leon when Paul isn't around. When we walk with paul, I swear Leon never gets more than 10 feet away from him. With me he tends to lag behind and actually runs with Marley and plays. I've even seen him jump in and go swimming a few times recently which he doesn't usually do. Here's a picture of Leon with Little Marley.




I am also watching Puck! Puck used to be my foster cat. I got him when he was three weeks old and nursed him until a surrogate mother took him in. Then from 7 weeks he lived with me! He was a sickly little thing and I am still shocked he survived. I'd never had a kitten - much less an infant of any kind. Somehow he managed to grow up to be a happy healthy cat! I was looking for a home for him through the rescue group I volunteer with. My boyfriend decided he couldn't see him go so he adopted him and has been living with the little monster ever since. He recently turned 1 but is still as fiesty as ever. He has no bite inhibition and play bites regularly. We call him monster because he really is one. Puck has no fear of the dogs and enjoys teasing them to get them to play and wrestle with him.

This pic is of Puck the day I brought him home. He was just a tiny little thing!!
The four animals seem to get along pretty well. It makes for a full house though! I've been spending a lot of time walking dogs the last few days! It's lots of fun and I am never lonely with all these furry creatures around.

No comments: